Pray for Lauran Bethell, helping initiate and encourage new grass- roots projects that address the exploitation and abuse of women and children.March 29, 2017
Lauran Bethell 2016
Lauran is a global consultant on human trafficking. Her main goal is to initiate and encourage new grass- roots projects addressing the exploitation and abuse of women and children, many of whom are victims of trafficking. While based in The Netherlands, she travels extensively throughout Europe, Asia and the Americas, teaching, training and consulting.
In 2004, Lauran directed the first International Christian Consultation on Ministry with Women in Prostitution (ICCP) bringing together the leaders of faith-based organizations from 25 countries which are involved in this work. Out of this event has come the International Christian Alliance on Prostitution (ICAP) an organization whose purpose is networking for Transformation and Hope. Also in 2004, she initiated Project Hope in the Czech Republic working with Bulgarian Roma women involved in prostitution, many of whom are trafficked.
Lauran serves on the Anti-Trafficking Committee of the European Baptist Federation (EBF) and on the board of Make Way Partners, and she has collaborated with governmental agencies and non-government organizations, and a broad spectrum of faith-based groups and organizations. Lauran has testified before the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate committees as they drafted and revised the U.S. anti-trafficking legislation.
Lauran requests prayer:
• for wisdom when I’m consulting with those who are seeking to begin new ministries or expand already existing ones
• for safety during my travels
• for guidance as we plan the next “International Christian Alliance on Prostitution” (ICAP) Global Conference—offering training, encouragement, networking for hundreds of people involved direct service ministries with victims of trafficking/prostitution
• for inspiration from God for the words to say in sermon preparation for preaching
• that I can keep up with all the requests I get for advice, consultations, information….for God’s wisdom to know what to say “yes” to, and what to decline
• that I continue to have good health so that I can take care of the wonderful people who visit me.