Students in the Green Space
English Corner at Sajja Pittaya School
Encouraging the Students
Extra Curricular Activities
Volunteer teachers are needed to serve with the Church of Christ in Thailand, one of International Ministries’ partners in Thailand. There are twenty-six private Protestant Christian schools within the Church of Christ in Thailand. They are scattered in sixteen different locations throughout the country of Thailand. Each school has a unique history, but all serve as a ministry of the Church of Christ in Thailand, providing a basic education to Thai students while teaching the fundamentals of the Christian faith and demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ to all.
Those who wish to serve as English teachers should have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Those who wish to teach specific subject matter (math, science, etc.) need to have the commensurate degree. For example, those who wish to teach math should have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. Those who wish to teach elementary school students should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. Valid teaching certificates and TESOL (Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificates are a plus.
No teaching experience is required, but volunteers should have English as their first language (mother tongue) and speak English without a strong accent. They should be familiar with the rules of English grammar and be able to express themselves clearly in English.
A two-year commitment is desired.
The cost to support one CVT mission worker is approximately $7,000 per year. Some schools have funds in their budget to cover this. Every CVT volunteer will receive the following support, either from the CVT program, their assigned school, or a Christian organization that has made a written commitment to provide this support:
• A monthly allowance equivalent to a beginning teacher’s salary in Thailand (in most cases)
• A food allowance to include meals that are eaten at the school during school days
• Housing on campus or housing with an allowance for transportation, if housing is further than one kilometer from the school campus
• Laundry service or an allowance for laundry
• Legal documents required for living in and working in Thailand, to include a work permit, a renewable one-year visa, and other documents
• An orientation to Thai life and culture, including an introduction to the Thai languages, Thai traditions, and the policies of the CCT Education Ministry and its schools
• A supportive team to assist with adjustment to life in Thailand and working at the school
Volunteers who come to Thailand to serve should demonstrate a mature and active Christian faith and an exemplary moral lifestyle. They should be in good health, emotionally mature, and open to experiencing Thai culture.
For more information about teaching with the ministry of the Church of Christ in Thailand, please email us or call 1-610-768-2245
Check out the CVT website!